Monday 13 January 2014

A New Years Promise..............


Happy New Year Bloggers!

I feel quite annoyed with myself that this is the first blog I have posted in 2014, going back to work and trying to implement new year, new me changes has taken its toll.

To be honest ive not actually made a long list of resolutions so that I cant be dissapointed when I break them, honest but true! However one small change that I have ensured I impliment is making sure my son spends time around other children his age. Before I returned to work we would attend playgroup once a week and atleast once a week we would arrange a play date with other mums, since ive been back at work my father in law looks after him, it occurred to me the other week that he no longer has the opportunity to interact with other children his age, and ive really started to worry about his social skills and development.

I took it upon myself to arrange a play date with a group of mums that I met when Kavan was first born at the baby massage course we went to, we have kept in touch ever since and our children have grown up together we named our group, 'Cake Club'. I sent everyone a message arranging a day to meet, we agreed on the Saturday at Rachael's house. It could not come quick enough! It turned out to be a lovely morning, the children played together nicely and i saw a different side to Kavan, he was interested in the other children and tried in his own way to play with them, approaching them individually and trying in his own language to talk to them, it was a lovely thing to see and very satisfying.

The day before this we also went to Wacky Warehouse with another Mum and her son. Kavan loved this, running around trying to encourage his friend to chase him, going down the big slide and really just having the freedom to run around without constantly hearing me say, 'No!'.

I have double checked the new days and times for playgroup and the have informed me they will be starting a new class called, Mini Movers, we will defiantly be making time for playgroups and play dates this year!

My Mums Shoes x



No comments:

Post a Comment